Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator Resume
To provide your organization with the best possible computer and systems administration, maintenance and support services.
* Over 10 years of general computer experience, extensive experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting
Linux/FreeBSD and some Windows systems, office applications, security software and other, skilled in Solaris/OpenSolaris,
knowledgeable in computer hardware and various devices.
* Possess the enthusiasm for work, strong desire to succeed and commitment to continuous skill development
that help build confidence and high level motivation to achieve desired results.
Some ambitious to help others and work in the IT field.
Areas of expertise include:
- Server Management
- Desktop System Management
- Network Administration
- Infrastructure Design/Support
Linux/FreeBSD, MySQL, Apache, Windows desktop platforms etc.
- installation and support infrastructure- and web-servers with Linux/FreeBSD/OpenSolaris
- monitor system performance, performs system tuning, and proactively asses systems infrastructure for improvement
- design and build special-purpose Linux distros;
- Windows to Free Open Source migration.
- Languages: script languages like bash, perl, csh, sed, awk
- Development tools: SVN, make, ant, GCC
- Tools & Technologies: apt, yum, RPM, LVM, iptables, TCP, UDP, nmap
- Operating Systems: Linux 2.4 & 2.6 kernel (ALT Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu), Windows 9x/2000/NT/XP, Open Solaris
Setup and support following services:
- Apache web-server
- RDBMs: MYSQL and Postfix
- ftp-servers: Proftpd, ftpd, pure-ftpd, vsftpd
- proxy-servers: Squid
- dns-servers: bind/named
- firewall, NAT, Masquerade: iptables, ipfw
- mail services: Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, qpopper, pop3d, courier, dovecot
- IDS: Snort
- Traffic analyzer: Ethereal, dsniff, tcpdump, ettercap, arpwatch
- Security scanner: Nessus, nmap
- VPN: openVPN, strongSWAN
- Open Source Development Network in Ukraine
- Russian and Ukrainian (native)
- English (very basic)
- High Performence Computing